Six teams have been selected to learn about trauma and resilience to develop trauma-responsive community initiatives that promote safety, transparency, and trust; empowerment and choice; equity and cultural affirmation; and healthy relationships and interactions.
We are proud to introduce our 2023 CART cohort:
Handle With Care (HWC) Responders: North Central & North Quabbin Region
- Team members: Renee Eldredge, Mike Ellis, Christine Holmes, Ally Law, Deputy Chief Nick Maroni, Carol-Lynne Papa, Chief Jason Tamulen
- Initiative: Ensure first responders are trained in trauma-informed care to provide equitable services to youth and their families.
Bridge Builders: Pathways to Healing Through the Arts, Springfield
- Team members: Melissa Burrage, Marie-Ange Delimon, Terri Haven, Mily Martinez, Shannon Mumblo, LaTonia Naylor, Naomi Naylor, Patience Naylor, Eleni Yalanis
- Initiative: Support the Bridge Leaders and Sonido programs to provide additional layers of trauma-responsive support and value to the programs, helping participants feel respected, supported, empowered, educated, and embraced.
Equitable Family Engagement Taskforce, Winthrop
- Team members: Rob Carter, Nabila Idbelad, Kuntheary Macdiarmid, Hysnela Marra, Zoraida Murray, Fabiola Oliviera, Jen Reth, Jane Rupp
- Initiative: Increase the team’s ability to help immigrant families connect to mental health tools and resources and build resilience with a trauma-responsive lens and cultural humility.
STAT: Stoughton Trauma Advisory Team, Stoughton
- Team members: Stacey Beshers, Linday Bonda, Danielle Gallan, Brian Holmes, Isabela Paiva, Stephanie Patton, Molly Reid, Teresa Tapper
- Initiative: Provide appropriate and consistent support for individuals impacted by trauma, and build resilience by increasing access to positive childhood experiences in the home and the community.
Worcester Cross-Initiative Coalition for Resiliency, Worcester
- Team members: Anne Bureau, Jennifer Davis Carey, Mari Gonzalez, Daniel Hartnett, Dianne Langford James, Maggi Kilcoyne, Wairimu Macharia, Yolanda Ramos, Gabriel Rodriguez
- Initiative: Work across community programs to address critical sources of trauma, such as youth violence and the prevalence of families with significant mental health needs who face barriers to care.
Trauma-Informed Hampshire County (TIHC), Hampshire County
- Team members: Romulo Cabrera, Ruth Ever, Jen Jarrell, Kevawn Lord, Severiana Rodriguez, Jenifer Urff
- Initiative: Educate families about the cycle of trauma, historical trauma, and family trauma as an essential step in reducing the risks associated with childhood trauma.